Changi Transit Programme
Enjoy a transit like no other
Enjoy a rewarding stop in Singapore between flights, with shopping dining and a host of services for your comfort and convenience.
From now to 31 March 2018, receive a Changi Dollar Voucher (CDV) valued from S$20 when you transit through Singapore.
The CDV is valid for use at all retail, food and service outlets in the transit and public areas of Singapore’s Changi Airport (exclusions apply), or can be redeemed for one-time access to the Ambassador Lounge at Terminals 2 or 3 for up to two hours. The Ambassador Lounge provides shower facilities (including basic toiletries), light refreshments, reading material and complimentary WiFi.
Passengers can also enjoy other exclusive offers from the Ambassador Transit Lounge, such as:
- Every subsequent one hour extension of lounge access at S$12 nett.
- 10% discount for alcohol beverages and massage services.
- The CDV can also be used for access to the gym, or as part payment for nap room and other existing lounge packages.
Passengers eligible for S$40 CDV will receive two S$20 CDVs. The second S$20 CDV is valid for one-time use for to redeem Liquor, Perfumes or Cosmetics purchases only. This CDV can also be used at the services / spa area of the Shilla duplex store in the transit area of Terminal 3 and featured brands include Dior, SKII, Chanel and La Prairie.
Find out the value of the Changi Dollar Voucher (CDV) you’re eligible for:
- Passengers’ e-ticket numbers must begin with 618, 629 or 086, and must be travelling on flights operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir for both into and out of Changi Airport. Any connecting flight into or out of Changi Airport that is not operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir must be operated by Air New Zealand (specifically flight numbers SQ4281, SQ4282, NZ281 or NZ282) or Scoot, (specifically flight numbers TR596 or TR597).
- Passengers must be on transit in Singapore on both legs of their journey, which means Singapore is neither the point of origin nor the end destination. Transit passengers on one-way journey or ticket are not eligible. For example, a passenger whose journey is:
- "London – Singapore – Sydney vv" is eligible;
- "London – Singapore – London" is not eligible;
- A one-way journey "London-Singapore-Sydney only" is not eligible.
- Passengers must have at least 1 of their transit duration in Changi Airport to be within 24 hours. This is calculated from the Scheduled Time of Arrival (STA) of the arriving flight to Changi Airport to the Scheduled Time of Departure (STD) of the connecting departure flight out of Changi Airport.
For passengers who are on transit in Changi Airport for only one leg of their journey, it must be a round trip within a single e-ticket where passenger travels by land or sea from Singapore to the next country or vice versa (to show proof), as well as originates and returns to the same country by air via Changi Airport. For example, a passenger whose journey is:
“Bombay – Singapore, Kuala Lumpur – Singapore – Bombay” AND Singapore – Kuala Lumpur is by land/sea AND in a single e-ticket, is eligible;
"Beijing – Singapore, Bangkok – Singapore –Shanghai” AND Singapore – Bangkok is by sea AND in a single e-ticket, is eligible;
- “Shanghai – Singapore – Perth, Singapore – Shanghai” in a single ticket BUT “Perth – Singapore” is not by sea, is not eligible;
“New Delhi – Singapore – Kuala Lumpur, Singapore – New Delhi” in different tickets is not eligible.
- Passengers must be above 2 years old at the point of ticket issuance and have their own seat, which means that their seat is not shared with their parent or guardian.
Passengers can only claim the CDV once, on either leg of their journey, regardless if it was issued over two or more separate e-tickets.
E.g A passenger who has separate e-tickets issued for his itinerary, "London – Singapore – Sydney vv" can collect the CDV either upon his arrival in Singapore from London OR upon his arrival in Singapore back from Sydney.
- Passengers whose transit (through Singapore) itinerary was issued over two or more separate e-tickets must present all e-tickets to the counter staff.
- Passengers without all the necessary documents will not be entertained. Our staff reserves the right to reject the collection for reasons including but not restricted to insufficient supporting documents.
- Passengers travelling on codeshare flights outside of Singapore Airlines, SilkAir and Air New Zealand will not be eligible for this programme.
- Voucher redemption is subject to the terms and conditions stated below.
Collection of Vouchers
Eligible passengers can proceed to the iShopChangi Collection Centres which are open 24 hours daily and situated near the GST Refund counters in the transit areas of Terminals 2 and 3. Please present your passport, boarding passes and all e-tickets showing your full itinerary as well as booking confirmation of your land and sea transfers.
- Public area: All Hotel Reservation counters, all Car Rental counters, all Passenger Meeting Services counters, Banks, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Telecommunications (e.g. M1 Shop), Pay-Per-Use Lounge (e.g. The Haven by JetQuay), Temporary Retail Outposts**, Top-Up Card Machines and Services (e.g. Kopitiam Card***, Coffee Bean Cards, cash cards etc)
- Transit area: Airline Lounges, Hermes outlets in all terminals, Post On Wheels, SATS Rainforest Lounge in Terminal 1, Temporary Retail Outposts** and Transit Hotels
- Both public and transit areas: All Supermarkets and Convenience stores, Left Baggage counters, Money-Changing counters, Changi Recommends, Drycleaning services, Medical services and Postage services.
- *With effect from 1 August 2016, pursuant to Section 9A of the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act (Cap. 309), Changi Dollar Vouchers (CDVs) cannot be used for the purchase of tobacco products in Changi Airport.
- **Retail pushcarts in Terminal 3 Basement 2 are not temporary outposts and CDV can be used for purchases.
- ***Changi Dollar Vouchers can be used at T3 Kopitiam to pay for direct purchases with the stalls (i.e. without using Kopitiam card). However, the Changi Dollar Vouchers are not accepted for the top-up of the Kopitian Card.
Other terms and conditions
- The CDV is valid for use till 30 April 2018 and request to replace, extend or refund will not be entertained.
- Passenger can collect the CDV for their current trip only and while stocks last. All collections must be done by 31 March 2018.
- Retrospective collection for past trips or advance collection for future trips will not be entertained.
- Multiple CDVs may be used for payment.
- The CDV may not be used with ongoing in-store promotions.
- The CDV can be used in conjunction with Singapore Airlines/SilkAir Boarding Pass Privileges.
- Changi Airport Group reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.