Yangon is the largest city in Myanmar and once served as the country’s capital before the government transferred to Naypyidaw. Formerly known as Rangoon, Yangon today serves as Myanmar’s economic centre. Its rich past has given rise to numerous colonial buildings – arguably the most in the region – that gives Yangon it’s Old World appeal.
Must ExperienceView all
Markets and bazaars
Indulge in a shopping tour of Yangon’s numerous markets and bazaars. Among the go-to places are the Bogyoke Aung San Market f...
Take a road trip and discover some of Myanmar’s best beaches. Ngwe Saung beach, which features a 14-kilometre shoreline borde...
Useful TipsView all
- Flying time from Singapore2 hours 55 minutes
CurrencyMyanmar Kyat (MMK)
US Dollar (USD)
- Airport to city16 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights USD23.25 (Departure tax), USD3.25 (Arrival tax)
- ClimateTropical weather but with three distinct seasons: Cool (October to January), Hot (March to April), Rainy (mid-May to mid-September)
- Best time to goOctober to January when you get cooler weather, clear skies and less humid air
- ActivitiesSightseeing (pagodas and museums), shopping for gems, art and crafts