Xiamen is one of China’s earliest Special Economic Zones in the 1980s. This coastal city in Fujian province in South China is considered one of the country’s best cities to live in. Famous for its beaches and scenic waterfront, Xiamen is frequented by tourists in the summer, keen to enjoy the sun, sea and sand.
Must ExperienceView all
Old City of Xiamen
Leave the skyscrapers and business district and go into an entirely new world. The Old City of Xiamen is lined with Mediterra...
Rock Botanical Garde...
Tong’an Tourist Area
Go the extra distance and explore the Tong’an Tourist Area, Xiamen’s northernmost attraction and was once the economic and cu...
Useful TipsView all
One sure way to gain friends in China is to give small gifts. Gift-giving is a sign of respect and should be done when one is...
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours 25 minutes
- CurrencyChinese Yuan (CNY)
- Airport to city20 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights CNY90
- ClimateSubtropical monsoon climate; Hottest: June to September, Coolest December to March
- Best time to goSpring or autumn is good
- ActivitiesSightseeing, sampling local foods, strolls in the gardens and parks, visit Gulangyu Island