Although one of the fastest growing cities in China, Chongqing boasts a host of attractions ranging from scenic (such as majestic mountains, splendid rock formations and tranquil rivers) to historical (such as Great Hall of the People, The People’s Liberation Monument and Red Rock Village Museum).
Its climate forms part of its appeal: semi-tropical with hot summers and monsoon rains.
Must ExperienceView all
Three Gorges Museum
Dazu Rock Carvings
Chongqing local cuis...
Useful TipsView all
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours 30 minutes
- CurrencyChinese Yuan (CNY)
- Airport to city21 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights CNY90
- ClimateSubtropical climate, with muggy summers and mild winters. Plenty of night rain all year round
- Best time to goSpring, autumn and winter
- ActivitiesYangtze river cruise