The capital of Sichuan Province is best known for being home to pandas, one of China's many living treasures. The city is located on the edge of the fertile Red Basin, which gives it the title "Land of Milk and Honey".
Its focus on a laid-back lifestyle and relaxation makes Chengdu one of the most livable cities in China. There are many Western-style buildings in Chengdu plus a vibrant nightlife that will suit party-going tourists.
Must ExperienceView all
Wolong Nature Reserv...
Useful TipsView all
Drinking tea is a pastime immersed in Chengdu’s culture. The city boasts numerous teahouses where locals spend afternoons enj...
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours 40 minutes
- CurrencyChinese Yuan (CNY)
- Airport to city18 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights CNY90
- ClimateMild and humid. January is coolest (5 degrees Celsius) and July the hottest (30 degrees Celsius)
- Best time to goBetween March and June or between September and November
- ActivitiesSightseeing, visiting panda habitats, visiting tea houses, shopping