Bandung is a cool, green enclave that still bears traces of its colonial past. The Dutch opened tea plantations in the area in the mid-19th century and over time, Bandung grew into a resort city with outstanding art deco architecture that makes the city such a visual pleasure. It is a mere half-hour by plane from Jakarta and is a serene yet thriving foil to the frenetic Indonesian capital. Perched 768 metres above sea level, Bandung hums with an energy all its own.
Must ExperienceView all
Saung Angklung Udjo
Get into golf. Beautiful scenery and well-designed courses mean it’s tee time all the time in Bandung. Test your mettle at co...
Useful TipsView all
Shop around for hotel deals around Ramadan to improve your chances of getting the best rates. If you have children travelling...
- Flying time from Singapore2 hours 15 minutes
- CurrencyIndonesian rupiah (IDR)
- Airport to city4 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights IDR130,000
- ClimateDue to its topology, the climate in Bandung is relatively cooler than most of Indonesian cities
- Best time to goYou can visit Bandung all year round. During the wet season (September – April) the temperature is pleasantly cool between 17 – 20 ˚C.