Delay contingency plans
For flights departing from airports in China
a. Tarmac delay exceed 3 hours (including 3 hours)
b. No confirmation of take off time
c. To follow safety and security regulations
Mass Flight Delay
1. SilkAir will notify passengers through our check-in counters, lounges, and boarding gates at China airports or via SMS, within 30 minutes of us learning of the delay, cancellation or diversion.
2. SilkAir will notify passengers regarding the status of the delay every 30 minutes.
3. SilkAir will engage with the relevant departments e.g. Head Office and Local Airport Departments during a mass flight delay. We will endeavour to notify passengers in a timely manner through different channels and deploy adequate manpower to meet the needs of passengers.
4. In the event of a mass flight delay, SilkAir will, to the best of our ability, provide meals, accommodation, rebooking assistance, baggage handling and transportation to the accommodation to mitigate inconveniences experienced by passengers resulting from such mass flight delays. SilkAir will not be liable to carry out these mitigating efforts in cases where the flight cancellations, delays and misconnections arise due to factors beyond the airline’s control, for example, acts of God, acts of war, terrorism etc., but will do so on a best effort basis.
5. SilkAir will deploy staff to address feedback in Mandarin and English. Passengers can contact their local SilkAir office with the contact information published on our website, or send their feedback or enquiry through our website.
6. SilkAir shall acknowledge a complaint within 7 working days (statutory holidays excluded) and provide a substantive response within 20 working days (statutory holidays excluded) of receiving it. SilkAir will keep a record of the complaints and findings.