Lost / Mishandled Baggage
In the event that you arrive at your destination without your checked baggage, please be assured that we will do everything possible to assist and have your baggage delivered to you as soon as possible.
If you're unable to locate you bag on arrival, please approach our ground staff at the airport immediately. You'll have to complete a report to describe your bag in detail, along with your contact information and delivery address.
You should expect to receive the following:
- A copy of your Report
- A File Reference Number
We will notify you as soon as your baggage is located and will deliver it to the address you specified, subject to local customs regulations. Alternatively, you may collect your baggage at the airport and we shall be glad to reimburse the transport cost.
If your checked baggage arrives damaged, you’ll need to report the damage within 7 days of receiving your bag. Our appointed agents will assess the damage and let you know if your bag can be repaired.
Who you should contact:
- If you’re still in the airport, please approach our ground staff immediately.
- If you’ve already left the airport, please contact your local SilkAir office.
What information you’ll need to provide:
- Contact details
- Flight and baggage tag details
- Description/Evidence of the damage
Our baggage liability limitations:
SilkAir's liability is limited in accordance with the terms of SilkAir's General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage, as well as the applicable Warsaw or Montreal Conventions (as amended from time to time) or any other applicable law or regulations, unless a higher value has been declared in advance and payment has been made for the additional relevant charges associated with the higher value declared.
Except as the applicable Conventions or other law or regulations may otherwise require, we do not assume liability for normal wear and tear to baggage. This includes:
- Cuts, scratches, scuffs, dents and marks that may occur despite careful handling
- Damage to, or loss of, protruding parts of the baggage including, straps, pockets, pull handles, hanger hooks, wheels, external locks, security straps, zipper tabs or other parts attached to the baggage
- Unsuitably-packed luggage (e.g. over-packed)
- Baggage accepted under the conditions of the Limited Release tag – this includes items retrieved or confiscated by the airport authorities or security personnel
Please do not include valuables, important documents or money in your checked baggage. Your fragile or perishable items should not be carried in checked baggage as well.
Items left on board
Upon arrival in Singapore, please get in touch with the Lost & Found Office at:
|Tel:||(65) 6597 4500
Operating hours: Daily: 7.00am to 11.30pm
|Fax:||(65) 6542 4486|
||Level 1 Arrival Hall, Passenger Terminal Building 2 Changi Airport
Operating hours: 24 hours*
*Access to our Lost & Found Office is restricted. If you have cleared customs and would like to make a report at our Lost & Found Office, kindly proceed to the nearest Changi Airport Information Counter.
Upon arrival at your location, please get in touch with your local SilkAir office.