Gateway to the famous Buddhist temple and UNESCO heritage site Borobudur, Yogyakarta, or Jogja, is one of Indonesia’s 32 provinces and the hub of classical Javanese fine art and culture, renowned for its puppetry, batik and poetry. A city steeped in tradition and history, it was the seat of the ancient Mataram empire in the 18th and 19th centuries. Blessed with natural wonders and rich Javanese heritage, Jogja is also referred to as “Never Ending Asia” for its multitude of attractions. Little wonder that it is the second most visited Indonesian destination after Bali.
Must ExperienceView all
10th century Hindu t...
Explore the royal tombs of Imogiri, the final resting place of the royal descendents of Yogyakarta and Surakarta, including m...
Explore the Keraton, the palace of Yogyakarta (also known as kraton or karaton) and get upclose to a good example of traditio...
Useful TipsView all
Gunung Merapi (Fire ...
Live among the locals and discover a traditional way of life in Candirejo, 3km southeast of Borobudur. Enjoy a homestay in th...
- Flying time from Singapore2 hours 20 minutes
- CurrencyIndonesian Rupiah (IDR)
- Airport to city8 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights IDR150,000
- ClimateThe dry season (from July to September) is humid, sunny but breezy. The rainy season is from November to April.
- ActivitiesVisit ancient sites, go trekking, shop for exquisite handicrafts and batik.