At first glance it’s hard to comprehend that Wuhan has a history that spans over 3,500 years. Its jungle of modern roads and skyscrapers testify to the city’s current role as a major economic, financial and industrial centre of central China.
But wait, watch and listen. The old culture still thrives, cheek by jowl with the brash present: spectacular towers, charming landscapes, historic museums and a friendly people proud of their city’s heritage.
Must ExperienceView all
Yellow Crane Tower
Follow up your boat trip with a climb up Moshan Hill, located on the southeast side of East Lake. The hill is considered a sh...
Useful TipsView all
Don’t be surprised if you see dancing in a city square, or if you’re asked to join the group for an impromptu whirl. Wuhan fo...
- Flying time from Singapore5 hours 5 minutes
- CurrencyChinese Yuan (CNY)
- Airport to city26 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights CNY90
ClimateWinter: November - End February
Spring: March through May
Summer: June - August
Autumn: September through October
Best time to goMarch - April
September - October
- ActivitiesShopping, visiting the historical attractions and landmarks, embark on a cruise on Yangtze River from Wuhan to Chongqing