Visakhapatnam is a picturesque seaside town surrounded by a verdant landscape of rolling hills. Located on the Bay of Bengal on India’s eastern coast, it is the largest city in the South Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. So whether you’re looking for a nature retreat, cultural enrichment or a spice fest, this unique holiday destination draws you in with its delectable cuisine and host of attractions, from scenic beaches and parks to nature reserves and majestic temples.
Must ExperienceView all
Useful TipsView all
If the spices get too hot to handle, have a bit of curd (yoghurt) to cool your tongue.
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours 20 minutes
- CurrencyIndian Rupee (INR)
- Airport to city15 kilometres
Airport taxPassenger Service Fee INR245
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is applicable and tax amount depends on itinerary.
ClimateTropical climate marked by relatively high temperatures and dry
winters. There are four seasons:
i. winter (December-February)
ii. summer (March-June)
iii. south-west monsoon season (June-September)
iv. post monsoon season (October-November)
- Best time to goWinter Season (Dec to Feb)
- ActivitiesVisit one of the many beaches of Visakhapatnam, head to the serene and scenic Araku Valley or visit the Simhachalam Temple set upon a hill.