The capital of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram features a long shoreline with internationally renowned beaches, historic monuments and a rich cultural heritage. Today it is one of Kerala’s most populous cities and an important IT and Tourism hub. The architectural beauty of magnificent structures captures the eye as one roams about the city. Its busy commercial complexes offer plenty of shopping opportunities for tourists. Some items the State is famous for include handlooms, gold ornaments, spices and local handicrafts.
Must ExperienceView all
Padmanabha Swamy Tem...
Visit the Padmanabha Swamy Temple, now famous as the world’s richest Hindu temple.This maginificent temple is believed to be ...
For historic enthusiasts, the Napier Museum built in the 19th century houses rare collection of archaeological and historic a...
Useful TipsView all
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours 25 minutes
- CurrencyIndian Rupee (INR)
- Airport to city6 kilometres
Airport TaxPassenger Service Fee INR154
User Development Fee INR1,121
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is applicable and tax amount depends on itinerary.
- ClimateTropical 33 degrees Celsius in summer (February to May) and 22 degrees Celsius in winter (October to January). Cool cotton clothing is best.
- Best time to goHigh season (October to March), Monsoon rejuvenation programmes (June to August)
- ActivitiesSightseeing, shopping for handicrafts and antiques, ayurvedic rejuvenation treatments, yoga and meditation, beach basking, mountain trekking