Siem Reap, Cambodia
Siem Reap is best known as the base town for discovering the world-famous Angkor Wat, but its appeal doesn’t just end there. Splendid colonial and Chinese-style architecture dot the city, which make for great walking tours.
Near Tonle Sap Lake, charming villages with stilt houses are a fascinating sight. Apsara dance performances, verdant rice paddies and a bird sanctuary add to its many attractions.
Must ExperienceView all
Step into the royal city of Angkor Thom, believed to be the last and most enduring capital city of the Khmer Empire.
Angkor National Muse...
Uncover treasures of the past at the Angkor National Museum. Comprising eight galleries, the museum covers Khmer history, civ...
Bazaars and boutique...
Shop for Cambodian must-haves at Siem Reap’s many bazaars and boutiques. Check out Central Market for souvenirs and Psar Chaa...
Useful TipsView all
One of the best ways to get around the city is by bicycle, which offers riders the freedom to stop as they like. Most guestho...
- Flying time from Singapore2 hours 10 minutes
CurrencyCambodian Riel (KHR)
US Dollar (USD)
- Airport to city7 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights USD25 (Adult) / USD13 (Child)
- ClimateCool (November to February); Hot (March to May); Rainy (June to October)
- Best time to goYear round
- ActivitiesVisit temples and heritage sites of which there are many, sample local food, cycle around Angkor Wat, take a trip to the floating village