Regarded as the food paradise of Malaysia, Penang has a unique cuisine that echoes its rich influences – Malay, Chinese, Indian and European. Its historical attractions are among the best in the region. Take a walking tour of Georgetown and discover the many fascinating shop houses, mansions and temples that are all reminders of the lives led by Chinese immigrants in the 1800s.
Must ExperienceView all
Visit the Toy Museum on Teluk Bahang, located southwest of Georgetown. The museum is home to more than 100,000 collectibles o...
Explore the small town of Bayan Lepas and visit attractions such as the War Museum, built in 1930s by the British; the Fisher...
Stroll along historic Fort Cornwallis. The largest standing fort in Malaysia, Fort Cornwallis was built in 1786 and features ...
Useful TipsView all
Georgetown (UNESCO W...
- Flying time from Singapore1 hour 25 minutes
- CurrencyMalaysian Ringgit (MYR)
- Airport to city21 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights MYR37.10
- ClimateTropical climate. Sunny year round with plentiful rainfall. Monsoon season is from April to September.
- Best time to goYear round
- ActivitiesVisiting George Town’s historical and heritage sites, sea sports at Batu Ferringhi, shopping and eating local treats at the bazaars and street stalls.