Manado once served as an old trading post for the Spanish and Portuguese before becoming a valuable hub for the Dutch East India Company. Visitors usually consider Manado a gateway to the rest of Indonesia, but it is also known for its burgeoning ecotourism. Apart from great diving and snorkelling, Manado in North Sulawesi also offers plenty of sightseeing opportunities to areas such as the Minahasa Highlands, Tomohon, Lokon and Mahawu.
Must ExperienceView all
Jesus Christ Blessin...
Try agrotourism by visiting Modoinding, which supplies East Indonesia with most of its vegetables and spices. It is located h...
Bunaken National Mar...
Tangkoko National Pa...
Hire a guide to take you through Tangkoko National Park, a nature reserve that is home to tarsiers and macaques. Time your ar...
Useful TipsView all
- Flying time from Singapore3 hours 40 minutes
- CurrencyIndonesian Rupiah (IDR)
- Airport to city15 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights IDR150,000
- ClimateWet Season: November – April (23 – 30 degrees Celsius); Dry Season: May – October (23 – 30 degrees Celsius)
- Best time to goThe wet seasons are not very pronounced (there is no monsoon) so Manado is a year-round destination
- ActivitiesDiving, snorkeling, rafting, rainforest exploration (Tarsier Spectrum), volcano trekking