Serene lakes, glorious temples and scenic hills dot Kunming, but it’s the stunning limestone rock formations that really attract tourists to this part of China. These majestic natural offerings are explored with much ease with the city’s sub-tropical climate.
As the capital of Yunnan, Kunming serves as a perfect jump-off point to explore the entire province.
Must ExperienceView all
Tiger Leaping Gorge
West Hill Forest Par...
Visit the West Hill Forest Park, located about 15 kilometres away from the city. From a distance, the West Hill resembles a r...
Useful TipsView all
Renting a car is possible, but not recommended unless it comes with a driver or you have a Chinese driver’s licence. In any c...
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours
- CurrencyChinese Yuan (CNY)
- Airport to city25 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights CNY90
- ClimateCool pleasant climate year round, with average temperature around 19 degrees Celsius. January is the coldest month (8 degrees Celsius), July the hottest (25 degrees Celsius)
- Best time to goYear round
- ActivitiesSightseeing, visits to flower and bird markets, visits to villages of ethnic minorities for an insight into local culture and customs, eating local cuisine