Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
The capital of Sabah, Borneo, Kota Kinabalu is a favoured tourist destination because of its bustling city life, proximity to tropical islands and their sandy beaches, untouched coral reefs, rainforests and the famous Mount Kinabalu. First-rate golf courses, posh resorts and hotels as well as a wide range of accommodations for different budgets are available in the city.
Must ExperienceView all
Sabah State Mosque
Lok Kawi Wildlife Pa...
Useful TipsView all
If you have limited time in Kota Kinabalu, cruising the Klias River presents a great option for you to explore Sabah’s natura...
- Flying time from Singapore2 hours 30 minutes
- CurrencyMalaysian Ringgit (MYR)
- Airport to city10 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights MYR37.10
- ClimateEquatorial climate with daily temperatures ranging between 23 degrees Celsius and 32 degrees Celsius throughout the year in the lowlands. Wettest months are from November to February
- Best time to goWith year-round tropical climate, any month is as good as another. However, if you plan to engage in water sports, avoid the rainy season
- ActivitiesHeritage walks, golfing, snorkelling and diving, seafood sampling, nature walks