Once the capital of British India, Kolkata features a kaleidoscope of attractions including beautiful palatial mansions, majestic cathedrals, stunning temples, splendid gardens and a fort. It houses impressive structures showcasing a rich blend of Gothic, Baroque, Roman, Islamic and Oriental designs.
Must ExperienceView all
Go shopping. Exquisite silk and cotton sarees fill the shops at New Market and Dakshinapan Shopping Complex, as well as the r...
Victoria Memorial Ha...
Kolkata Book Fair
Attend the yearly Kolkata Book Fair, one of Asia’s largest book fairs. Now in its 40th year, this winter event continues to d...
Drive down to Bishnupur and be awed by the wonderfully carved terracotta temples. Located about five hours away from Kolkata,...
Useful TipsView all
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours 20 minutes
- CurrencyIndian Rupee (INR)
- Airport to city20 kilometres
Airport taxPassenger Service Fee INR154
User Development Fee INR1,327
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is applicable and tax amount depends on itinerary.
- ClimateTropical Climate: Summer (March - May), Monsoon season (June - September), Winter (December - February)
- Best time to goCool Autumn season to balmy Spring October to March
- ActivitiesThere are many tourist attractions in Kolkata worth visiting. Immerse yourself in the artifacts and art pieces found in the museums and galleries such as the Indian Museum, Victoria Memorial and Marble Palace, to name a few. Go for a stroll at B.B.D Bagh which features many colonial architecture. Shop and bargain at New Market or indulge in delectable Bengali cuisine.