Kochi, which translates to “small lagoon” in Malayalam, the native language of Kerala, is a major port city that was once the centre of ancient spice trade. Centuries of trading and migration have given Kochi a unique culture and architecture that fascinate many tourists. Colonial churches and forts, lush backwaters, scenic hills and tranquil beaches are just a few of Kochi’s many appeals.
Must ExperienceView all
Saint Francis Church
Visit the 1503-built Saint Francis Church, the oldest European church in India. The remains of Portuguese explorer Vasco da G...
Cheena Vala (Ancient...
Know more about cheena vala or ancient Chinese fishing nets that are unique to Kerala. These fixed land installations of at l...
Ayurvedic spa treatm...
Go for an ayurvedic spa treatment. Ayurveda is an ancient healing practice native to India and ayurvedic therapies use oils, ...
Useful TipsView all
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours 30 minutes
- CurrencyIndian Rupee (INR)
- Airport to city32 kilometres
Airport taxPassenger Service Fee INR236
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is applicable and tax amount depends on itinerary.
- ClimateHeavy showers during Southwest monsoon (June to August), light rainfall during Northeast monsoon (October to early December)
- Best time to goDuring the cool season, from October to February
- ActivitiesSightseeing, shopping, Ayurvedic treatments, Backwater Village tour, Cochin sunset tour, Cochin boat tour. Trips to Alleppey/Kumarakom on houseboats or to the hill station Munnar or wild life at Thekkady