Darwin is a colourful and cosmopolitan paradise that buzzes with open-air bars and restaurants, film festivals, art exhibitions and trendy fashion boutiques almost year-round.
Darwin Harbour boasts superb marine diversity. Darwin is also the gateway to renowned attractions such as Uluru and Kakadu National Park.
Must ExperienceView all
Kakadu National Park
Wildlife and nature
Tuck into Australian bush food (crocodile steaks, kangaroo and emu – all flavoursome when done right), wander into any of the...
Useful TipsView all
Tips for the heat
Comfortable clothes that let your skin breathe and wick away sweat are a must, given Darwin’s super-steamy climate. For men, ...
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours 40 minutes
- CurrencyAustralian Dollar (AUD)
- Airport to city13 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights AUD89.53 (Departure tax), AUD18.96 (Arrival tax)
- ClimateWarm weather all year round.
- Best time to goDuring the dry season (May – October) when humidity is less intense and Darwin’s outdoor festivals are held.
- ActivitiesThe city of Darwin offers a melting port of cultures and this is reflected in its culinary delights.There are many historical sites to visit including ammunition bunkers, airstrips and oil tunnels used in World War II. It is also the gateway to natural attractions such as Litchfield National Park and Kakadu National Park.