Its thriving motoring and engineering industries have shaped the city’s landscape while its flourishing textile industry has earned it the monicker “Manchester of South India”. Mild winters, moderate summers, stunning landscape and its proximity to Ooty – dubbed as “India’s Queen of Hill Stations” – make Coimbatore a popular year-round destination for both local and international tourists.
Must ExperienceView all
Visit the Marudhamalai Murugan temple. Resting on a plateau on the Western Ghats (inscribed in the coveted list of World Heri...
Enjoy nature at Valparai, which sits more than 1,000 metres above sea level on the Anamalai Hills. Fresh air, tea plantations...
Go on a picnic at the Siruvani Waterfalls and Dam, located west of the city. The water here is known throughout India for its...
Toy train ride
Head to a water theme park for some family fun. The Black Thunder Resort is set amid landscaped gardens; the Maharaja Water T...
Useful TipsView all
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours 25 minutes
- CurrencyIndian Rupee (INR)
- Airport to city10 kilometres
Airport taxPassenger Service Fee INR245
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is applicable and tax amount depends on itinerary.
- ClimateSummer: 21- 39 degrees Celsius; Winter-: 15- 30 degrees Celsius
- Best time to goDecember to March
- ActivitiesWell-known for shopping for traditional silk sarees and jewellery.Gorgeous century-old temples with classic Dravidian architecture, wildlife sanctuaries, hiking, waterfalls. Gaining popularity for international residential schools and colleges as well as for medical tourism.