Special Seat Request
If you are travelling in Business and Economy Class, you can request for a specific seat any time from the time of booking.
If you purchase the ticket for your infant through our website, we will assign you a seat at a bassinet point, depending on availability.
We will do our best to meet your seat request. However, we may occasionally need to reassign seats, due to operational constraints and rescheduling. We appreciate your understanding in these special circumstances.
Preferred Seating in Emergency Exit Row
Preferred Seats that are located in Economy Class near the emergency exit doors, are subjected to the flight safety guidelines of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore. You may be assigned a Preferred Seat located beside an emergency exit door if you meet the following safety criteria:
- At least 15 years of age at the commencement of the journey.
- Fully able-bodied and capable of opening the exit doors and moving quickly or reaching and passing through the adjacent emergency exit. Persons with reduced mobility or any disability, whether profound or partial, and persons using portable oxygen or any other medical equipment are ineligible because they may endanger themselves or others.
- Able to follow the safety instructions in English.
- In good health at the time of check-in, boarding, and during the flight.
- Not carrying infants or using an infant seat belt. Not pregnant.
- Not under the influence of any intoxicating substance at check-in, boarding, and during the flight.
- Not requiring an extension seat belt because of large body size.
If you do not meet any one of the safety criteria stated above, you may consider purchasing preferred seats that are not located near the emergency exit doors, as those seats do not require the passenger to adhere to these criteria. If you have purchased preferred seats near the emergency exit doors and do not meet any one of the above safety criteria, SilkAir may re-assign the seat before or during the journey without refund of the Preferred Seat reservation fees.
For more information on Preferred Seating, please click here.