It’s hard to describe Phuket without mentioning its picture-perfect beaches. They are, after all, what lure travellers from around the world to this part of Thailand. Nicknamed “Pearl of the Andaman Sea”, Phuket shimmers with its stunning land and sea scapes, amazing retreats, great cuisine and fantastic bargain shopping.
Must ExperienceView all
Thai boxing match
There’s the Saphan Hin Stadium in Phuket City and the specially built stadiums on Soi Sai Nam Yen in Patong. If you’re up fo...
Immerse yourself in a cultural spectacular that is Phuket FantaSea, a Las Vegas-style show that features elephants on stage, ...
Old Phuket Town
Useful TipsView all
Looking for a glitzy night entertainment? Head to Simon Cabaret, which hosts a musical floor show featuring fabulous costumes...
- Flying time from Singapore1 hour 45 minutes
- CurrencyThai Baht (THB)
- Airport to city31 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights THB750
- ClimateTropical monsoon climate makes it warm all year. There is little to no rain from March to May Monsoon season is from late May to September
- Best time to goNovember to March may be the best time as it is not as humid and cool monsoon breezes blow
- ActivitiesDiving, snorkelling, sunbathing on the beaches, island hopping, elephant trekking, cultural sightseeing, shopping, eating, spas, golfing