Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The capital of Cambodia, this French colonial city is home to beautiful historic attractions that make for some pleasant walks. It was once called the “Paris of the East”, an apt description for a city that has one of the most stunning waterfronts in Asia.
Phnom Penh is a great place for market and bazaar shopping. Russian Market, in particular, sells a colourful range of bags, shawls and other items made from exquisite Cambodian silk and fabrics.
Must ExperienceView all
The Royal Palace
Learn more about Cambodia’s rich history at the National Museum, which houses a collection of art from the country’s Golden A...
Taste bud challenge
Pub quiz night
If you are looking for some lighthearted fun, try attending pub quiz nights in the bars around Phnom Penh. Topics cover gener...
Visit the Tonle Sap River, linked to the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia, Tonle Sap Lake; stroll along Sisowath Qua...
Useful TipsView all
- Flying time from Singapore2 hours
CurrencyCambodian Riel (KHR)
US Dollar (USD)
- Airport to city11 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights USD25 (Adult) / USD13 (Child)
- ClimateHigh temperatures throughout the year. April is warmest and September is the wettest. From November through April, there is less rain and temperatures are slightly cooler
- Best time to goWinter (December and January) is the best time to visit Phnom Penh. The rainy season stretches from April to October, while February and March are hot
- ActivitiesCultural sightseeing, historical important sites, shopping (including silk scarves, silverware, gems, antiques)