In 1010, Vietnam’s Emperor Ly Thai To founded his capital on the banks of the Red River. One millennium later, picturesque Hanoi is still Vietnam’s political and cultural centre and one of Asia’s most captivating cities: a hub where ancient temples, Chinese merchant townhouses and landscaped lakes steeped in legend rub shoulders with contemporary fine-dining restaurants, upscale bars, modern art galleries and eclectic designer boutiques.
Must ExperienceView all
Visit the storied Van Mieu, Hanoi’s ancient Temple of Literature. Built in 1070 by Emperor Ly Thanh Tong (1023-1072) to worsh...
Hoan Kiem Lake
Ho Chi Minh Mausoleu...
Old Quarter's 36 str...
Meander through the quaint lanes and narrow shops in the Old Quarter’s 36 streets, established by farmers and craftsmen 600 y...
Useful TipsView all
- Flying time from Singapore3 hours 25 minutes
- CurrencyVietnam Dong (VND)
- Airport to city35 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights USD26.50 (ADT) / USD13.25 (CHD)
- ClimateThere are two main seasons; the dry season which lasts from October to April and the wet season which starts from May to September when heavy rain fall may occur
- Best time to goFrom November to the end of April