Chiang Mai, Thailand
Nicknamed “Rose of the North”, Chiang Mai boasts stunning scenery, cool climate year-round, more than 300 temples, a distinct cuisine and a thriving handicrafts industry. Its proximity to the Ping River has made it an important hub for Northern Thailand, making it a major centre for traditional handcrafted goods, woodcarvings and silver jewellery.
Must ExperienceView all
Elephant Nature Park
Hill tribe tour
Take a hill tribe tour and immerse in the cultures of the Akha, Hmong, Karen and Lisu hill tribes. Members of these tribes ar...
Attend a festival in...
Useful TipsView all
When considering transportation around the city, go for the more environment-friendly moped. Scooters and motorcycles are che...
- Flying time from Singapore2 hours 55 minutes
- CurrencyThai Baht (THB)
- Airport to city5 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights THB750
- ClimateCool season: late October to the end of February. Average daytime temperature is 21 degrees celsius with cooler nights. Hot season: early March to end of May. Average daytime temperature is 30 degrees celsius. Rainy season: early June to end October, with most rain in September.
- Best time to goConsider a visit during Loy Krathong and Songkran, which are important festivals especially in northern Thailand.
- ActivitiesShopping, hill tribe and mountain trekking, eating local cuisine, temple visits, foot reflexology and Thai massage.