Surrounded by three rivers, the capital city of Hunan in south-central China is a major port, and a commercial and industrial hub. It first gained importance during the Qin Dynasty (221–206 BC); today it is an undeniable magnet for foreign investments and one of China’s top 20 “economically advanced” cities.
Changsha is also known for its colleges and universities, as well as traditional folk art performances.
Must ExperienceView all
Hunan Provincial Mus...
Rediscover history. The Hunan Provincial Museum spans 12 acres and has a collection of more than 180,000 exhibits including l...
Orange Island (Juzi ...
Useful TipsView all
Street food adventur...
Eating out in Changsha is a fabulous adventure – don’t be afraid to try any of the street food stands which whip up scrumptio...
- Flying time from Singapore4 hours 45 minutes
- CurrencyChinese Yuan (CNY)
- Airport to city20 kilometres
- Airport taxInternational flights CNY90
ClimateWinter: November - End of February
Spring: March - May
Summer: June - August
Autumn: September - October
- Best time to goSpring or autumn is good
- ActivitiesSightseeing, sampling local foods, strolls in the gardens and parks, short trips to Wulingyuan, Shaoshan Village